New Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 bears a top towing capacity of around 13,300 pounds and a maximum payload of around 2,800 pounds. The Silverado 1500 model’s boxed, hydroformed powerful steel frame and suite of towing features ensure that the Chevy Silverado remains one of the most powerful light-duty trucks that Portage drivers can purchase. Discover more about the new Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity and its features, then contact us for a test drive!
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity Per Engine
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance is thanks to its top-notch engine options:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This standard Silverado 1500 4.3L engine ensures 285 hp and top-notch 305 lb-ft of torque, as well as a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With the 3.0L engine, the available Silverado diesel powertrain brings its maximum towing capacity up to 9,500 pounds. The Silverado garners 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on Galesburg streets.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: The 2.7L Turbo engine provides 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This engine’s power enhances efficiency and provides a maximum Silverado 1500 towing capacity of 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This 5.3L Chevy Silverado 1500 engine provides 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Silverado 1500 towing capacity is increased to 11,500 pounds (Note: this engine, along with active fuel management, brings towing capacity down to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This Chevy Silverado 1500 engine can provide a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds with the RST trim level. This V8 engine generates an amazing 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Features
The Chevy Silverado towing capacity was designed to help you accomplish more, so it makes sense that the Silverado provides ample features to ensure that hauling and towing are enhanced. Here are a few top features:
- Trailering Package: This standard Silverado package for the Chevy Silverado 1500 includes a 2-inch receiver and a trailering hitch platform, an automatic locking rear differential, a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, and a 4-pin connector.
- Tow Mirrors (Optional): You can buy extended Chevy Silverado view towing mirrors as accessories for the safest towing around Mattawan.
- Max Trailering Package (Optional): On select trims, this Silverado package adds upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, a Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and more.
Experience the power and capability of your favorite Chevy Silverado 1500 configuration at DeNooyer Chevrolet.
Experience the Chevy Silverado at DeNooyer Chevrolet
Ready to experience the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 up-close? Our finance team is available with the convenience of applying for financing online and new vehicle specials to make getting behind the wheel even more affordable! You’ll also want to check out some of the Chevy Silverado Special Editions! Schedule a test drive at DeNooyer Chevrolet near Battle Creek to experience Chevy Silverado towing capacity and Silverado 1500 payload in-person.